1 pint of half & half
2 pounds of boiled crawfish tails
1 finely diced bell pepper
2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup butter
3 tablespoons Creole seasoning
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 package of cream cheese
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cook and stir chopped onion and green onion in melted butter until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add crawfish tails, and cream cheese.
- Cook and stir until cheese melts completely into mixture.
- Pour half-and-half into the pot; stir.
- Season with Creole seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir in sifted flour (to thicken) and cook until hot, about 15 minutes (stirring every minute).